SFE Area Ensemble Projects Summer Term 2021
Young musicians from beginner to grade 3 standard are invited to join our Area Ensemble Virtual Projects and Performances!
In any normal year we would be running our free to join Area Ensembles across the city. Whilst it is not possible to run live rehearsals, we are excited to be launching a further six projects for young musicians from beginner to approximately Grade 3 standard to get involved with again this term.
Between now and early June, we are asking young musicians to work with their teachers to learn a part on their instrument for one (or more if they wish!) of the following projects:
Project 7- Old Town Road
Project 8- Half-Minute Waltz Virtual Area Ensemble
Project 9 – Hawaii 5-0 Virtual Area Ensemble
Project 10 – D Boogie Virtual Area Ensemble
Project 11- Bandroom Rock Virtual Area Ensemble
Project 12- Strike Force
SFE Music Service teachers will advise musicians as to which project(s) they should take part in. In early June we will ask young musicians to record and submit a video of them playing their part(s) – full instructions will be provided. These recordings will form part of a massed performance with many other young musicians from across Birmingham, which will appear in our SFE Virtual Youth Proms from July 5th-8th 2021. If you would like to see what to expect from our Virtual concerts (and your young musician’s performance) please take a look back at our March concert video.
Please fell free to share this information in your newsletters, on your website or social media.
How to register:
This is the responsibility of parents/carers.
1. Please create an account on our SFE Ensembles Portal by visiting – firstname.lastname@example.org this will be essential for receiving full instructions and information about the concerts. You will also be able to access copies of music and backing tracks. If you were part of the projects last term you will just need to log into your account.
2. Register for your young musician(s’) chosen project(s).Please consult your SFE Music Service teacher for advice. For help navigating the portal please watch the following video.
3. Registration closes on Thursday 13th May 2021.
4. The SFE ensembles team will be in touch with further instructions on Friday 14th May 2021.
5. Please let your SFE Music Service teacher know you have signed up and they will help your young musician prepare for their performance.
If you have any questions regarding these projects, please contact one of the team on email@example.com