Monday 18th July, Tuesday 19th July & Wednesday 20th July 2022
Services For Education Music Service would like to warmly invite your school choir to apply to take part in this year’s Massed Choir Youth Proms taking place at Symphony Hall in the city centre in July. Your Year 4, 5 & 6 pupils will have the opportunity to be part of a 250-strong choir drawn from schools across the city, which will sing alongside the best school ensembles in Birmingham in one of Europe’s finest performance venues.
The song repertoire can be taught by your music lead member of staff or your visiting SFE Music Service Vocal Teacher.
For 2022 we have performance dates over three nights. Schools must apply by the deadline date to be considered for a place in one of the concerts and school choir leads must attend a mandatory online twilight training at the beginning of the summer term.
The deadline for online application is Monday 21st March 2022
Schools will be contacted by email to confirm participation on Monday 28th March.
The mandatory online Twilight Youth Prom Training will take place on Thursday 28th April 4:00pm to 5.30pm. Please put this date in your diary, school staff that do not attend will not be able to bring their choir along to the event.
We will make every effort to include as many school choirs as we can and we would ask if you could include the following information in your application:
- An accurate number of singers wishing to take part. (Too many and there will be spare seats that could be filled by other keen singers. There is a maximum number of a total of 250 singers for each concert)
- At least two concert dates that you can attend. This should be actioned after checking your school diary for the rehearsal dates and the concerts dates. We are unable switch rehearsal and concert dates due to safeguarding numbers in rehearsal venues.
- Confirm that you understand that attendance at the Twilight Training on April 28th is mandatory and non-attendance will forfeit your school’s place in the concert.
- Confirm that you understand that school staff need to supervise singers throughout all rehearsals and the concert.
- The concerts this year are in the very last week of term. We would urge you to check your school diaries so that this event does not clash with e.g. leavers ceremonies and trips out of school.
- Due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the Coronavirus outbreak we are constantly reviewing the arrangements for this event . If there are any changes to the planned dates for twilight, rehearsals and/or performances we will be in touch. This makes it even more important that you are registered and that we have your most up to date contact details.
Tickets can be purchased from mid-April onwards-details will be provided in your confirmation email.
Schools are responsible for organising and funding travel to and from the rehearsal and concert venue.
School staff will need to supervise singers throughout rehearsals and the concert.
All singers need to attend all massed choir rehearsals in order to perform in the concert. Please make sure that there are no other clashes in your school diary when confirming numbers taking part.
If you have any further enquiries please contact Ruth Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to take part in this year’s SFE Music Service Youth Proms please access the link HERE to register your application.